Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pocono Results - Jr. Gets 2nd Win, Asleep Gets Locked In


Hola Amigos and Amigas!  I'm sitting here watching the Spurs put a beat down on the Heat... on the 1st day of the World Cup and 1st Round of the US Open.  I just drove in from Houston, and stopped by my brewery (Wild Bunch Brewing Company on Facebook , Wild Bunch Brewing Company on UNTAPPD ) to try the new Kolsch style we're brewing up for the summer.  I am thinking to myself: How could life be any better right now... the answer I found was simple... Life would be better if I actually liked Soccer, I was a lot better at golf, I didn't have to work in Houston, the brewery was making money, and if I had picked Dale Jr. at Pocono last Sunday got my 3rd win and was locked in the Chase like Asleep.  

At least the Spurs are still kicking ass.  


Top Picks:

Asleep took race winner Dale Jr. who took advantage of Keselowski's debris situation and was able to make the pass and pull away with 5 laps to go.  Keselowski wasn't able to catch back up to Jr. and Asleep takes the checkered flag.  Asleep joins the 4 other lucky bast... I mean teams to be locked in the Chase.  He is also sitting in the number 7 spot, thus leaving only 4 qualifying spots open at the moment.  Well done Asleep!    

Chonk, Penguin, and Empty took Kurt Busch (3rd).  Chonk continues to kick open net penalty shots at the rest of the field... I don't even know what that means.  Chonk continues to make tap in eagles while the rest of us are struggling to make par... a little better.  Chonk continues to make layups while the rest of us are throwing up bricks... You get the point.  I (Penguin) am happy being in 2nd with my one win, Houston is okay, the brewery is doing alright, I got about 10 hours of kitesurfing in last weekend... life is good.  Empty bounces back from last week's BSOTW.  He's still mired back in the pack at 13th, but only 42 points out of 7th or 2 wins away from making the Chase.

Hamlin (4th) was our most popular pick of the week.  Skidmarks crawls out of the Dutch Oven.  Kiss moves up one to 5th.  Pursuit stays in the draft of the 7th place spot.  Ideal and Shepard are battling for position for the 2nd week in a row.  Rusty gains a spot and A-Game logs a nice points day.
  

Eh/DOOTW/BSOTW:

It is hard to give out these awards this week.  However, since all the other teams finished in the top 4, I guess it can be justified.  I'll group them with the Eh... and not make that big a deal of it this week.  

The DOOTW award goes to Tony Stewart and Graz, Dust, Beef and Rasta.  Graz is still in 3rd, Dust is only 11 points out of 7th with 2 wins, Beef is locked in, but Rasta is still in a little trouble and needs to make a move soon.

The BSOTW award goes to Vickers and Piston and Rowdy.  Piston drops a spot but is still in 5th while Rowdy is locked in.

Other Ramblings:

Another team is added to the Chase.

Michigan this week.

Spurs up 3-1.



I am actually going to try to get into the World Cup this year, and I think it will be easy to do.  I loved my time working in Brazil towards the end of my first marriage, but that is a story for my other blog*.  Futbol is a lot like hockey, but on the grass and no puck or sticks... I don't really watch hockey either, but nice job by the Rangers last night, huh?  

*I don't have another blog.

For the guys:

 





For the girls:




Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment