Thursday, May 1, 2014

Richmond Results... No one adds to their win column...


Top Picks:

No one was able to predict this week's winner Logano, but lots of things changed this week.  The top 4 spots remain the same, but the Chonk car keeps getting smaller for most of us.  Except for Skid and Ideal that is... This week they had the top pick of 3rd Place Kyle Busch.  Skid stays in 2nd place, but moves to only 18 points back.  Ideal  recovers from last week's BSOTW and jumps up the most spots (+4) this week to 11th.  Nice job fellas!

Dale Jr. came in 7th (Graz, Piston, Rasta).  Graz keeps his lock in the top 4, Piston moves into a coveted Chase position... Rasta also recovers from last week's BSOTW.  

Front-runner Chonk, chose 9th place Carl Edwards... the last I saw he was one lap down in 20 something place... the next thing I know he gets 9th.  I still don't know how this happened, but when you've got it going on, it seems like all of your choices work out... and Chonk definitely has got it going on.   

Eh...

Harvick (11th) was tied with  for the most popular pick in the league this week... we'll get to Bowyer in a second.  Kiss, Empty, Pursuit, and Asleep chose Harvick.  Kiss keeps his lock on 3rd, but the lead pack is starting to break away.  Empty, Pursuit, and Asleep all gain valuable spots... Empty also bounces back from last week's BSOTW.

Kahne finished 14th after running strong all race...  Penguin jumps up 3 spots, but mostly due to the difficulties of the teams in front rather than having a stellar points day.

DOOTW:

Dust chose the wrong bush... reminds me of my college days... 23rd place Kurt Busch.  Dust keeps his 6th place position though.  Funny story... Dust changed his pick from Hamlin to Busch before the green flag.  Hamlin finished 22nd, so it basically didn't matter.  I personally have done this a few times over the years and my initial pick has always kicked ass while my changed pick DOOTW'd or BSOTW'd.  Both of his options DOOTW'd, but trust me... it would have been worse had Hamlin finished top 5.  

Shepard took 25th place Stewart dropping him 3 spots to a tie for 15th.  

BSOTW:

Freaking Bowyer!!!  Tied for the most popular pick, Beef, Rusty, Rowdy and A-Game all must have known that Karma would be a bitch when Bowyer spun Larson out on the first lap.  I personally love Bowyer, but man he has had a rough time in Richmond lately.  The problem I have is that I can never remember driver difficulties at a track when I'm choosing my driver that week.  Forty Mother Fng Third... damnit Bowyer!!!

Other Ramblings... 

So Chonk has led this league now for the last 5 weeks in a row... It's a very nice run, but Skid is definitely not applying the brakes... as mentioned previously he's now only 18 points behind.  

Three of the only 4 leaders of the league thus far are running 1,2,3... Rusty (T1 in week 1) is in 10th.  

Only 3 teams are locked into the Chase thus far... two are running 1 and 2.  Rowdy dropped down to T15th this week, but I know she isn't playing it conservatively.  

It is just the way this damn league is... I know Rusty was on the verge of sending me his cut and paste text/email: "I hate this fucking league!", but he's got two wins.  To be honest, I would rather be in 10th with 2 wins, than be in 7th with no wins.  No offense Piston... the bonus points would be nice, but being closer to locking myself in the Chase would feel nicer at this point.   

The problem for me is that I have been trying to get my second win for the last 7 weeks, and the best I have done was my 6th place Biffle pick in Texas... It is just the way this damn league is... and that's why I/We love it I think.

Talladega this week on Sunday... Good luck to all!!!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment