Friday, May 30, 2014

Coca-Cola 600 - I'm Jimmy Johnson... BOOM! Confetti!


Top Picks: 

JJ was top dog this week.  This ends a three race streak where no teams get into the win column... but only one lucky team chose the #48 car.  Empty gets their 1st win of the season and jumps up 3 spots into 7th place.  A very nice race.  Well done Empty!!!

Ideal chose Harvick who logs his second 2nd place finish in a row.  Ideal jumps up 3 spots to 12 and is now only 25 points away from 7th.

Penguin and Rasta got a 9th place finish from Kyle Busch.  Penguin stays in 4th while Rasta actually loses a spot as he gets jumped by Ideal.

10th Place Keselowski was chosen by Chase contenders Piston and Kiss.  Kiss rebounding nicely from last week's DOOTW.

Eh:

Kahne (14th) was this week's most popular pick.  Skid (Stays in 2nd), Graz (Stays in 3rd), Dust (Drops out of the 7th place spot to 8th), Pursuit (Drops to 9th), Asleep (Drops to 9th), Rusty (Stays in 11th), and Beef (Drops 2 spots to 15th).   

Shepard chose the impressive rookie Kyle Larsen (18th).  A disappointing finish for this fine young man, but it can always be worse.

Biffle (21st) was chosen by NASCAR Fantassy God Chonk.... This would normally qualify as a DOOTW, except for the fact that it's Chonk who is leading in points and has 4 wins.

DOOTW:

Almendinger (23rd) was chosen by Chase qualifier Rowdy.  I think I am seeing a little strategy by our 16th place team... I can't wait to see how it will play out.

BSOTW:

Danica (39th) was chosen by A-Game.  I personally think this was an attractive pick this week... she qualified awesome and practiced awesome, but it all didn't come together for her during the race.  A-Game has Zero wins and is in 17th at the moment... 14 races till the Chase and 111 points out of 7th at the moment.  I think I know the strategy he will need to execute from here on.  To Quote Snoop Dogg who is quoting All Davis... "Al Davis said it best, "Just win baby, win!""

Snoop comes on around 2:35 and starts out blowing a little smoke... funny sh*t.  His Al Davis lyric starts around 3:10 if you're not a fan of this song.



It's funny, the stuff you find when you Google something...

   

Other Ramblings:

The Monster Mile in Dover this week on Sunday.   

No movement in the top 6 spots this week... points but not places.  

We are 1 race away from the halfway mark to the Chase and there are only 3 teams locked in.  2 of those teams are also in qualifying spots... this leaves only 5 available qualifying spots for the rest of us poor bastards.  5 spots for 14 teams.  Kiss, Rusty and Beef have 2 wins... Kiss is also currently in a qualifying spot.  Another win for Kiss and there would be only 4 spots for 13 teams.  

Which leads me to the question that I will ask rhetorically most likely... At this point in the season, would you rather be sitting in 5th with no wins or in 11th with 2 wins... or better yet 16th with 3 wins?  Sure the 6 bonus points would be nice, but with 14 races left can you hang on to your spot?  

I'm sure each week we pick the driver we think will win, but this week... I knew the pick was JJ.  As much as you can know in this league... that is.  But I didn't pick him... I have no f*cking clue what my strategy is at the moment.  I like 4th and the nice gap between me and Piston, but a 2 in the win column by picking the driver I "knew" was going to win this week would be nicer.  I think I'll make my myself feel better by saying that Johnson hasn't been great all year, so it couldn't have been the LOCK that was in my mind.  Hindsight is 20/20, but since my memory is fading I hope it will let me forget the mistakes I make... and then just hope for luck to guide me through the League this year.  

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment