Friday, September 13, 2013

Richmond Results

Hola Amigos Y Amigas!!! Como estas???

Well... the Chase is about to start; not without much controversy.  For the League... only 6 of the 1st 7 places shuffled; including another change at the top.  I would like much better to be in the top spot 10 weeks from now, but it has been pretty cool making it back up top from as low as 10th.

So that was 13 weeks ago at Pocono, but I was 66 points out of 1st.  The question I have is this: With 10 to go, how many teams are still in the hunt for one of the top 3 spots?  In years past, when I have started the Chase from back in the pack.  I went into a save my best drivers strategy mode going in and had a vision of taking the Chase and rising so high in the standings that I grab one of the money spots as well.  That never freaking happened for me, but it was definitely possible.  Still lots of time to go... what will happen this year?


The top pick this week was Gordon (8th) by Rasta, Rowdy and Piston.  Rasta moving up to 3rd and gaining 10 points on the #1 spot.  2nd was Harvick (11th) by Penguin... now in 1st for a brief moment.  Empty chose Montoya (16th) and Graziano and Kiss took Keselowski (17th).  I think this week was all about Chase positioning so I will not go much further into it... except to mention that Danica was chosen twice this year for the first time in League history by Shepard.  I think she will continue to improve in Nascar, so I think this trend will continue... and not only to save better drivers for the Chase.

Raise a glass to Casey who was Shepard's German Shepard and inspiration for his team name.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment