Thursday, September 5, 2013

Atlanta Results - Are you ready for some Football?!?!?!?!?!?!?

We have one more race until the chase and there are still 13 teams within 100 points of 1st place... 11 races left... is it enough time to still be thinking about taking one of the top spots?  Or do you save that driver you wanted to start on Saturday night for the Chase???   I'm going to throw out a prediction that Shepard will be the top contender for the Chase... Danica is most likely a lock for his Richmond pick... could be the first time in my recollection of league history that a team has maxed out their Danica pick for the season.  

Sorry... my A.D.D. just kicked in.  

The race in Atlanta caused more movement in the standings... Beef stays on top... Penguin shook Skidmarks and Rasta out of the 2nd place spot, Skid down to 3rd and Rasta to 4th.  

Top pick this week was Logano who finished 2nd - Kiss and Empty both jump up a spot.
3rd Place Truex Jr. was chosen by your commish... inching 2 points closer to 1st place and in eager anticipation of my BSOTW pick for Saturday.
Gordon finished 6th and was picked by Beef (still in 1st), Rusty (holding tight in 9th), and Skid (dropping to 3rd).
Dale Jr. finished 8th - Ideal moves up 1 into 10th.
Harvick finished 9th - Chonk actually picked Harvick, but I screwed up and gave him Gordon.  He is a man of integrity and quickly corrected me giving up 4 points.  Thanks Chonk!

BSOTWs (in order of most poo to least poo):  
Rowdy chose Kahne for the 3rd time... I tried to tell her in time, but was unsuccessful.  He finished 36th anyway, but it still sucks.    
Hamlin (38th) - Tough year for Denny.
Danica (21st) - I still see improvement each race plus this was a Shepard Chase strategy pick, so hard to call this a BSOTW pick.
Edwards (18th) who ran strong all race, but he had issues with Gordon that probably cost him the race.  

Good luck in Richmond teams!  The game just started, so good luck in any football pools you are in as well.

Cheers!





1 comment:

  1. Wow. I was Rowdy all right and drinking heavily. No more SC apple pie moonshine for me. I can't hang with these rednecks on opening day of deer season! By the advice of a friend for myself AND Danica "y'all should move the seat back & let somebody with BALLS behind the wheel." Well, Dang....BSOW.

    ReplyDelete