Saturday, November 2, 2013

Martinsville Results... NASCAR Chase is tied and so is the League


For me personally, this NASCAR season could not be any better.  Not just because I am tied for the lead in the League with 3 races to go... we'll get to that.  I got married to a girl who enjoys NASCAR.  I think her brother will be joining the league next year... which makes it totally worth it.  The competition in NASCAR has been awesome.  Johnson and Kenseth tied for the lead with Gordon, Harvick, and Kyle Busch within a double BSOTW from the lead.  I find myself pulling for Gordon to pull it out and get a little retro as I was not watching NASCAR when he was winning championships back in the day.  So what if he got in the Chase with a little controversy... it's all about which team is stepping up at the end of the year, and Gordon's team definitely is.  Should they expand the teams allowed in the Chase like they have in every other sport?  I think this year poses that argument... plus we wouldn't have to worry about the BS that went on in Richmond.  16 teams in the Chase?  Someone please tell me why not...

Anyhoo... Sorry for the late post, but here goes.

Chonk and Dust took race winner Gordon.  Empty took 2nd place Kenseth.  Penguin, now tied for the top spot, took 3rd place Bowyer.  Beef and Chase leader Asleep took 4th place Keselowski.  Rowdy and co-league leader Rasta took 5th place Johnson.... Rasta only 25pts back of the Chase as well.  Now 3rd place team Graziano, Pursuit, and Piston (Only 20pts out of the Chase) took 7th place Hamlin and Rusty took 10th place McMurray to round out the top 10 for the race.  BSOTW honors go to Shepard with the Newman pick.  

3 to go!  Good luck in Texas tomorrow teams!  Yee Haw!
  




No comments:

Post a Comment